Note: How to read this blog

This blog is designed as a running story with each post a continuation from the preceding one.

If this is your first time reading Experiential Truth, start with the Prologue at the beginning and read it chronologically up until the present day.

Thanks,
Shadow's Friend

You should also feel free to leave comments so I can make the story better :)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chapter 8: Aaron

I woke to the hollow sound of metal rasping against the door.

"Open up!"

I quickly scanned the room. To the eye it was as if I was the only occupant of the room. Dakur, and everything related to him, was gone.

I stood up and walked cautiously towards the door.

"Open up!"

I opened the door.


Before me stood a pale man in a blue uniform. His pants bound at the waist fell to the ground like a cascade of water. His mock-turtle neck shirt clung like spandex to his body. His short cropped, messy hair, like face was pale, and his eyes stared at me, blue and piercing. He wore a gauntlet on his hand with the insignia twin scales of the Balance engraved on the surface.

"Is there anyone else in this room?" He addressed me harshly, barking out as if the roar of the engines reached this quiet corner of the ship.

"No. Just me."

"Gather your belongings and report to the dining hall."

"Sir, may I ask what this is all about? I am merely a traveler minding my own business."

He looked me up and down. He laughed. "Not anymore you're not!" and he turned to move towards the next door.

I returned to our room and shut the door. Leaning against the door I slid to the floor wrapping my arms about my drawn up knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment